Friday, November 14, 2008

Gou Tianlai, a moral model for university students

by BI Yantao, China

Mr. Gou Tianlai (苟天来), born in Sichuan Province, is a PhD candidate of China Agricultural University, specializing in rural sociology. I was lucky enough to meet him at UCC, Ireland, where he was studying on an international exchange program in 2007-2008.

I was deeply impressed by Mr. Gou's academic capacities and his moral merits. Vastly different from many other Chinese students studying abroad, he readily helped fix my PC when needed. When I was in low spirits at UCC, he comforted and encouraged me considerately, like a shepherd. A friend in need is a friend indeed, isn't it?

I wish Tianlai good luck in his career and love affair.

For more information about Gou Tianlai, please log onto his Chinese blogosphere: http://goutianlai.blog.163.com/