Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Water supply cut off again in JiNan!

by BI Yantao, China

For some reasons, I have no alternative but to live in JiNan, capital of Shandong Province, PRC, for some time. But the life here is really frustrating. Why? The water supply is frequently cut off without prior notice! What a life it is if your child is in a haste to go to school! More terribly, the electricity in my residential quarters sometimes breaks off suddenly! Imagine what it is like if you are working on a computer!

I once lived in some other cities in China, so I will say the public service in JiNan is much inferior to those of many other cities in China. What's wrong with the public service system here?

What I feel puzzzled about is why the local citizens don't take some effective measures to defend their own rights? Why don't the people's congressmen and the CPPCC members stand up for it?

Why? And why not?