Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nightwatch is inaccessible in Beijing and Liaoning Province, China

by BI Yantao, China

Earlier this week, one of my friends told me nightwatch is not accessible in Beijing. This morning another friend of mine warned me nightwatch is probably blocked in Liaoning Province, China. I feel disappointed and concerned.

Afterwards I asked some of my friends to try logging onto nightwatch. Luckily, it is approachable now in Shandong Province and Hainan Province.

Why am I becoming more concerned about China? Because the blind or false patriotism is rampant in China.

As I have stressed in the preface to my latest book Reconstruct the World with Information, to be patriotic requires not only to be enthusiastic but also to be wise and strategic. To call a spade a spade, I love China more than any other self-proclaimed patriot. But to love China doesn't necessarily mean not to write critiques of China! That is the difference between true patriotism and false patriotism, which I feel definitely sure about.