Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Portfolios at CU Website

BI Yantao ( China )

Anxious for a new experience and fascinated with communication studies, I took the MA Communication Culture and Media program at Coventry University in 2002. Five years has passed since my graduation, but I still believe the time at CU one of the most fruitful and enjoyable periods in my life. I especially enjoy the flexible teaching and tutorial system, and the excellent learning atmosphere and resources. Furthermore, I cherish the friendly atmosphere and surroundings of Coventry University.

Enlightened by the program, after graduation I have been making every effort to promote and practise communication studies in China. Now I work as Director and deputy professor of Center for Communication Studies of Hainan University, Director for Chinese Affairs of Global Unification. In my spare time I also act as a consultant of some NGOs and corporations. So far I have published 10 books (14 volumes) and about 450 articles in different countries. Meanwhile, as a hard-working columnist I write for dozens of influential Chinese websites, including the official website of Guangming Daily and http://www.chinathinktank.cn/.

To shed a new light on the political world and advance democratization of China, I have recently established Daizong Meditation Room, a nonprofit research platform for political communication studies, at the foot of Mountain Taishan in Shandong Province, which is open to all the interested researchers all over the world, free of charge.

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/cu/d/199/a/8352